Additional File for Chris Alsop Diamond Crowning File Systems
- Product Code: TF082
- EAN: 5060489151209
- Availability: In Stock
£19.24 £21.38 Save £2.14
each & FREE Delivery in UK.** Order by 10.00am for SAME DAY DISPATCH **
The diamond file has a concave profile
The concave part of the file is about 0.5mm deep. The width of the abrasive surface of the file is as stated i.e. 2mm, 2.5mm or 3mm. The ideal file size is a little smaller than the fret width.
Also by leaning over the fret side a little, so the abrasion is directed where you want it, the file will cope with smaller and bigger frets than the file width.
• 2.0mm File Width
• 2.5mm File Width
• 3.0mm File Width
• Fine Grit File
• The diamond file is concave to match the fret profile. When in use, the file stays on the fret very well and there's no chatter. Being a diamond file it cuts equally well when moving forwards or backwards.
• An excellent finish results and a full polished fret is quickly obtained by using sandpaper of about 1000 grit, 1500 grit and then micromesh of 8000 grit or over. Its only a couple of rubs with each and if you use a spring steel strip to protect the fretboard then the sandpaper glides across the surface of the fret and strip easily. Dremel polishing wheels can be used - but be careful as the fret can get very hot very quickly if you stay on it too long with a power tool.
• When fitted to the handle, the design is geared so maximum visibility is achieved. This is vital to do a good job and so the blade (which hold the file) is only about 3.5mm thick and hence the fret that you are filing can be clearly seen. Also it is balanced in the middle and is lighweight. This gives maximum feel to the tool for how the cutting process is progressing. It weighs only about 85 grammes.
• As always, before using any type of abrasive tools on a guitar it is recommended suitable masking is used to protect the fretboard wood and other parts of the guitar.
As with any abrasives used near a guitar - always use adequate shielding of the fretboard, guitar body, pickups, etc
Suitable for Stainless Steel frets.
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method|
|Dispatch Time||** Order by 10.00am for SAME DAY DISPATCH **|
|UK||Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For|
|International||Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked|
|Shipping Costs For This Product|
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost||The cost is calculated as |
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|Width||File Width Available: 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm.|
|File Grit||Fine Grit|