Diamond Fret Crowning File with Black Handle
- Product Code: TF081
- EAN: 5060489150455
- Availability: In Stock
£31.88 each & FREE Delivery in UK.Dispatched within 3 days
Frets need to be rounded to remove the flat tops after levelling, or when you dress frets to remove wear grooves. A rounded fret top is best achieved by using a rounded file !
This is a diamond fret crowning file. A diamond file with a concave profile is mounted in a shaped handle made of engineering plastic.
These files last for many fretboards: diamond is the hardest known substance known and many little diamonds are embedded in a surface plating. As the surface wears new diamonds are exposed. They are equally long lasting on stainless frets and normal nickel silver frets. The file is permanently attached to the handle.
The diamond file itself is 2.5mm wide by about 35mm long and is concave to match the fret profile - when in use the file stays on the fret very well, there's no chatter.
An excellent finish results and a fully polished fret is quickly obtained by going through the sandpaper from coarse to fine grit: 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000 and finally 2500 grit - it's only a couple of rubs with each and when you use the spring steel strip to protect the fretboard then the paper glides across the surface of the fret and strip easily
I have geared the design of this so that it's comfortable to use, and economic to produce, but has the full advantages of diamond abrasion. It weighs only about 40 grammes.
As always, before using any type of abrasive tools on a guitar it is recommended suitable masking (such as a fretboard protector strip) is used to protect the fretboard wood and other parts of the guitar.
• 35mm File Length
• 2.5mm File Width
• 100mm Handle Length
• Fine Grit Diamond File
• Very comfortable to hold the file.
• Concave cutting file to match fret profile.
• Diamond files cut equally well when moving forwards or backwards with NO chatter.
• Suitable for Stainless Steel frets.
Plastic Properties, Diamond Files & Finishing Effort
We have used a very low friction engineering plastic (so if you do slip it will not scratch badly!), which is used in many of our other fretting tools. Diamond Files are really the best surfaces developed by mankind for abrasion - the resulting surface is by far the smoothest hand filed surface possible - hence less finishing and polishing!
FREE With This Item
We believe when you receive one of our tools you should be able to use it straight away. So, we include the following EXTRA items for FREE to allow this to happen :
• A Fretboard Protector strip to protect your fretboard. We make our own strips using SPRING STEEL which means they SPRING back to their original shape.
• A set of sandpaper strips of grits: 800, 1000, 1200, 1500,2000, 2500 to finish your fret.
• Advice sheet on use of this tool - and you can always contact us with any queries.
• A free comprehensive guide to fret replacement written by Chris Alsop.
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method
|Dispatched within 3 days
|Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For
|Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked
|Shipping Costs For This Product
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost
|The cost is calculated as
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|File Length: 35mm. Handle Length: 100mm
|File Width: 2.5mm
|Very low friction high grade engineering polymer