Diamond Fret Crowning Files with Beech Handle
- Product Code: TF083
- EAN: 5060489151247
- Availability: In Stock
£50.66 each & FREE Delivery in UK.Dispatched within 3 days
This is a diamond fret crowning file where a diamond file with a concave profile is mounted in a rigid polymer blade mounted on a light weight aluminium and beech riveted handle. These files last for many fretboards and are equally long lasting on stainless frets and normal nickel silver frets. This advert allows you to order the handle with one or more files.
Frets need to be rounded to remove the flat tops after levelling, or when you dress frets to remove wear grooves. A rounded fret top is best achieved by using a rounded file !
The diamond file has a concave profile
The concave part of the file is about 0.5mm deep. The width of the abrasive surface of the file is as stated i.e. 2mm, 2.5mm or 3mm. The ideal file size is a little smaller than the fret width.
Also by leaning over the fret side a little, so the abrasion is directed where you want it, the file will cope with smaller and bigger frets than the file width.
Our normal crowning files are supplied with a file of 2.5mm width. We have sold thousands of this size and found that it fits the majority of frets.
Spare and Additional files (TF082) can be purchased via the following link Additional File for Diamond Fret Crowning File
• 2.0mm File Width (Smaller frets)
• 2.5mm File Width (STANDARD)
• 3.0mm File Width (Larger frets)
• Fine Grit File is supplied as default - other grits are available
• The diamond file is concave to match the fret profile. When in use, the file stays on the fret very well and there's no chatter. Being a diamond file it cuts equally well when moving forwards or backwards.
• An excellent finish results and and a full polished fret is quickly obtained by using sandpaper of about 1000 grit, 1500 grit and then micromesh of 8000 grit or over. Its only a couple of rubs with each and if you use a spring steel strip to protect the fretboard then the sandpaper glides across the surface of the fret and strip easily. Dremel polishing wheels can be used - but be careful as the fret can get very hot very quickly if you stay on it too long with a power tool.
• When fitted to the handle, the design is geared so maximum visibility is achieved. This is vital to do a good job and so the blade (which hold the file) is only about 3.5mm thick and hence the fret that you are filing can be clearly seen. Also it is balanced in the middle and is lighweight. This gives maximum feel to the tool for how the cutting proces is progressing. It weighs only about 85 grammes.
• As always, before using any type of abrasive tools on a guitar it is recommended suitable masking is used to protect the fretboard wood and other parts of the guitar.
As with any abrasives used near a guitar - always use adequate shielding of fretboard, guitar body, pickups etc
Suitable for Stainless Steel frets.
Wood Type, Diamond Files & Finishing Effort
We have used Beech for this product handle as it is a strong and fine grained which is nice for rivetting. Diamond Files are really the best surfaces developed by mankind for abrasion - the resulting surface is by far the smoothest hand filed surface possible - hence less finishing and polishing!
FREE With This Item
• A set of sandpaper strips of grits: 800, 1000, 1200, 1500,2000, 2500. (see photo)
• Spring Steel Fretboard Protector strip to protect your fretboard.
• Advice sheet on use of this tool
• A comprehensive guide to fret replacement
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method|
|Dispatch Time||Dispatched within 3 days|
|UK||Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For|
|International||Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked|
|Shipping Costs For This Product|
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost||The cost is calculated as |
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|Length||File Length: 35mm; Overall Tool Length: 155mm|
|Width||File Width Available: 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm. For other sizes please enquire|
|File Grit||Fine as default. Other grits available - please enquire.|