Two Fret Leveling Diamond Files with Oak handles
- Product Code: TF022
- EAN: 5060489150295
- Availability: In Stock
£45.41 each & FREE Delivery in UK.Dispatched within 3 days
This is a pair of fret leveling tools. One 150mm Long File AND One 70mm Long File. Each tool has a diamond file with a permanently bonded oak handle. The tools are designed to be guided along the fretboard with the file cutting a level onto the tops, or crown, of the frets.
The tools are made in our workshops by Chris Alsop and provide an efficient and easy to use solution to getting the frets level.
• Very comfortable to hold file.
• The file protrudes from the holder at the ends and sides making it easier to can see how the cut is progressing.
• File and holder are joined by a strong glue bond.
• Robust construction from highest grade oak hardwood and professional quality diamond file.
• Suitable for Stainless Steel frets.
• All edges of the file are rounded so - providing the fretboard is protected - these files can be used along the edges of the flat top (as a result of leveling) of a fret and regain the peaked crown shape.
• File length: 150 mm
• File width: 20mm
• File grit: Fine
• File length: 70 mm
• File width: 25mm
• File grit: Fine
Files flatness checked on a laboratory grade engineering surface plate.
The 150mm long fine grit file is ideal for leveling frets over large sections of the fretboard.
The 70mm long fine grit file is ideal for leveling frets over small sections of the fretboard, such as high spots on individual frets. Both files will last well.
Using these tools for Fret Profiling/Crowning:
Diamond files produce a very smooth finish on the frets - this property makes these files suitable for any type of fret shaping. Once the frets are level the flat tops on the frets need reshaping to regain the peaked crown. These files have all sharp edges ground off so can be guided along the fret to reshape the crown. As always, before using any type of abrasive tools on a guitar it is recommended suitable protection. Ideally use our ultra thin hardened steel protector strips(see our other items) to protect the fretboard and allow smooth motion of the file.
Wood Type, Diamond Files & Finishing Effort:
We have used Oak for these products as it is a strong and versatile wood used in hand tool handles for years. Beech is also nice for file handles and we make this item in Beech. The tool works equally well in almost any type of wood ! Diamond Files are really the best surfaces developed by mankind for abrasion - the resulting surface is by far the smoothest hand filed surface possible - hence less finishing and polishing!
FREE With This Item
• Advice Sheet on use of this tool
• A comprehensive guide to fret replacement
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method|
|Dispatch Time||Dispatched within 3 days|
|UK||Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For|
|International||Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked|
|Shipping Costs For This Product|
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost||The cost is calculated as |
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|Length||Tool 1: File Length 150mm; Tool 2: File Length 70mm|
|Width||Tool 1 File Width 20mm; Tool 2: File Width 25mm|