3 Diamond Crowning Files with Oak Handle
- Product Code: TF088_3Files
- EAN: 5060489151780
- Availability: In Stock
£49.99 each & FREE Delivery in UK.** Order by 10.00am for SAME DAY DISPATCH **
Frets need to be rounded to remove the flat tops after leveling, or when you dress frets to remove wear grooves. A rounded fret top is best achieved by using a rounded file !
This is a diamond fret crowning file system where the files are a diamond file with a concave profile is mounted in a rigid polymer blade. These files can be mounted in either a small oak handle or a large beech handle (see Model TF080). This advert is for the Oak handle with 3 files. The files are all interchangeable with a simple hex bolt and key mechanism.
The tool can be purchased with any number of files, with or without the handle and you can select from the following sizes: 2.0mm, 2.5mm and 3.0mm wide - please see (see 'Diamond Fret Crowning System. Choose: 2.0mm 2.5mm 3.0mm').
Being a diamond file, they cut equally well when moving forwards or backwards so, unlike traditional files, there is NO CHATTER (ie juddering) with diamond files. Diamond files leave a smoother surface meaning less finishing of the fret.
The smaller oak handle gives a handy, pocket-sized tool. The larger beech handle is one of our well established diamond crowning files (see Model TF080). If you are new to diamond files and wish to give them a try before committing to the complete product, you can purchase a single file, without a handle and then purchase a handle later. The same files fit both handles.
These files last for many fretboards: diamond is the hardest known substance known and many little diamonds are embedded in a surface plating. As the surface wears new diamonds are exposed. They are equally long lasting on stainless frets and normal nickel silver frets.
• The concave part of the file is about 0.5mm deep.
• Diamond File Length: 35mm
• Small Handle Overall Tool Length: 35mm
• Large Handle Overall Tool Length: 155mm (see Model TF080)
• Fine Grit Diamond File
• The width of the abrasive surface of the file is as stated i.e. 2mm, 2.5mm or 3mm. The ideal file size is a little smaller than the fret width. Also by leaning over the fret side a little, so the abrasion is directed where you want it, the file will cope with smaller and bigger frets than the file width. Our normal crowning files are supplied with a file of 2.5mm width. We have sold thousands of this size and found that it fits the majority of frets
• The blade is attached to either handle by hex bolts and so can be exchanged.
• The diamond file is concave to match the fret profile. When in use, the file stays on the fret very well and there's no chatter. Being a diamond file it cuts equally well when moving forwards or backwards and unlike traditional files there is NO CHATTER (ie juddering) with diamond files. Diamond files leave a smoother surface meaning less finishing of the fret.
• An excellent finish results and a full polished fret is quickly obtained by using sandpaper of about 1000 grit, 1500 grit, and then micromesh of 8000 grit or over. It's only a couple of rubs with each and if you use a spring steel strip to protect the fretboard then the sandpaper glides across the surface of the fret and strip easily. Dremel polishing wheels can be used - but be careful as the fret can get very hot very quickly if you stay on it too long.
• As always, before using any type of abrasive tools on a guitar it is recommended suitable masking is used to protect the fretboard wood and other parts of the guitar.
• Suitable for Stainless Steel frets.
Wood Type, Diamond Files & Finishing Effort
We have used Oak for the handle on this product being a good solid strong wood. Diamond Files are really the best surfaces developed by mankind for abrasion - the resulting surface is by far the smoothest hand filed surface possible - hence less finishing and polishing!
FREE With This Item
• A set of sandpaper strips of grits: 800, 1000, 1200, 1500,2000, 2500. (see photo)
• Spring Steel Fretboard Protector strip to protect your fretboard.
• Advice sheet on use of this tool
• A comprehensive guide to fret replacement
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method|
|Dispatch Time||** Order by 10.00am for SAME DAY DISPATCH **|
|UK||Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For|
|International||Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked|
|Shipping Costs For This Product|
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost||The cost is calculated as |
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|Length||File Length: 35mm.|
|Width||File Widths: 2.0mm, 2.5mm and 3.0mm|