Fret Crowning & Leveller Diamond Files. Oak Handles
- Product Code: TF028
- EAN: 5060489151506
- Availability: In Stock
£52.25 each & FREE Delivery in UK.** Order by 9.00am for SAME DAY DISPATCH **
We have combined two of our popular Diamond Files with Oak Handles fretwork tools in this offer. These are
- Diamond Fret Leveller File with Oak Handle (TF020)
- Diamond Fret Crowning file with Oak Handle (TF085) Please select file size
The fret leveller is a flat diamond file with a permanently bonded English Oak handle for guitar fret levelling. It is designed to be guided along the fretboard with the file cutting a level onto the tops, or crown, of the frets. The fret crowning file is a diamond file with a concave profile which is mounted in shaped handle made of English Oak. Please select the crowning file width ( 2.0mm or 2.5mm or 3.0mm wide. are available) The file is about 35mm long and is concave to match the fret profile - when in use the file stays on the fret very well, there's no chatter.
Frets need to be rounded to remove the flat tops after levelling, or when you dress frets to remove wear grooves. A rounded fret top is best achieved by using a rounded file !
These files last for many fretboards: diamond is the hardest known substance known and many little diamonds are embedded in a surface plating. As the surface wears new diamonds are exposed. They are equally long lasting on stainless frets and normal nickel silver frets. The file is permanently attached to the handle.
An excellent finish results and a full polished fret is quickly obtained by using sandpaper of about 1000 grit, 1500 grit and then micromesh of 8,000 grit or over. The best job is done by going through 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000 grit and then 8,000 micromesh - it's only a couple of rubs with each and if you use a spring steel strip to protect the fretboard then the paper glides across the surface of the fret and strip easily.
As always, before using any type of abrasive tools on a guitar it is recommended suitable masking (such as fretboard protector strip) is used to protect the fretboard wood and other parts of the guitar.
The Fret Leveller file dimensions are :
• File Length: 150mm which is ideal for levelling frets over large sections of the fretboard and will last well.
• File Width: 20mm
• File Grit: Fine
• File flatness checked on a laboratory grade engineering surface plate.
Fret Crowning File Dimensions are :
• The concave part of the file is about 0.5mm deep.
• Diamond File Length: 35mm
• Overall Tool Length: 100mm
• Fine Grit Diamond File
• Available in 2.0mm OR 2.5mm OR 3.0mm File Width. The width of the abrasive surface of the file is as stated i.e. 2mm, 2.5mm or 3mm. The ideal file size is a little smaller than the fret width. Also by leaning over the fret side a little, so the abrasion is directed where you want it, the file will cope with smaller and bigger frets than the file width. Our normal crowning files are supplied with a file of 2.5mm width. We have sold thousands of this size and found that it fits the majority of frets
Diamond Files & Finishing Effort
We have used an Oak handle which we use in many of our other fretting tools. Diamond Files are really the best surfaces developed by mankind for abrasion - the resulting surface is by far the smoothest hand filed surface possible - hence less finishing and polishing!
The Fret Leveller file Features :
• Very comfortable to hold the file.
• The file protrudes from the holder so you can see how the cut is progressing by looking directly down at the cutting face where it meets the fret ends.
• File and holder are joined by a strong glue bond.
• Robust construction from highest grade oak hardwood and professional quality diamond file.
• Suitable for Stainless Steel frets.
• All edges of the file are rounded so - providing the fretboard is protected - these files can be used along the fret to reshape the crown after levelling.
The Fret Crowning file Features :
• Very comfortable to hold file
• Concave cutting file to match fret profile.
• Diamond files cut equally well when moving forwards or backwards with NO chatter.
• Suitable for Stainless Steel frets.
FREE With This Item
• A set of sandpaper strips of grits: 800, 1000, 1200, 1500,2000, 2500. (see photo)
• Spring Steel Fretboard Protector strip to protect your fretboard.
• Advice sheet on use of this tool
• A comprehensive guide to fret replacement
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method|
|Dispatch Time||** Order by 9.00am for SAME DAY DISPATCH **|
|UK||Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For|
|International||Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked|
|Shipping Costs For This Product|
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost||The cost is calculated as |
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|Length||File Length: 35mm. Handle Length: 100mm|
|Width||File Width: 2.5mm|