Miniature Dual Angle Bevel File
- Product Code: TF027
- EAN: 5060489150325
- Availability: In Stock
£17.33 each & FREE Delivery in UK.Dispatched within 3 days
This is a miniature sized fret bevel file with the file length 45mm. The diamond file passes through a slot in an angled block. Where the file exits the block a 90 degree or 35 degree angle is made.
The file fits the slot securely and is held in place with an allen screw to prevent the file moving.
By sliding the file into the block either the 90 of 35 degree angle is obtained and the amount the file protrudes from the block can also be altered.
This tool is ideal for bevelling the odd fret or for doing a few frets following a partial refret. Our larger bevel files are recommended for bigger jobs. Ideally this short file, at only 45mm, is best used to produce the correct angle on a single fret.
Reducing the length of the fret to roughly the correct length is best done using a longer, coarser, file - and to use this little file to finish the angle correctly and get a nice smooth finish.
You should always use a fretboard protector / fingerboard guard when working on frets.
These files are suitable on stainless frets and normal nickel silver frets.
• 35 and 90 degrees Angled Bevel File
• 45mm File Length
• Fine Grit Diamond File Included
• Coarse Grit Diamond File Included
The tool provides an efficient and easy to use solution to getting the fret ends cleanly cut to a specific angle. We have experimented with many designs for these and have come up with this solution which has the following main features:
• For beveling the fret end the file is set at 35 or 90 degrees.
• Changeable Files. Different grits can be installed.
• Smooth base made of low friction polymer, with bevelled at the ends. This base makes it easy to pass over the fret tops without bumping or damage.
• The bevel file is a fine grit diamond file which leaves a good finish - see the closeup photo - and all that is needed is the final light sanding to remove any scratches or uncomfortable edges and finally a polish - and the job's done.
• Robust construction from highest grade engineering polymer and professional quality diamond file.
• Suitable for Stainless Steel frets
Fret Beveling in General.
The main advantage of using a Bevel File is that a really consistent professional job is achieved where all the fret ends are at the same angle. This main point about bevelling is to make sure there are no sharp edges or uncomfortable fret ends which hamper playing. If a fret end is too long then it disturbs the feel of the neck as the player moves around the fretboard; if the fret end angle is too shallow then the string can easily start to slip off the end of the fret.
It is also surprising just how much of the fretboard space is used up by the bevels - a 45 degree bevel will use about 1mm of the fret wire and so reduce a 43mm neck to 41mm playable width.
We sell many different angled bevel files please see our Fret Bevelling Category
FREE With This Item
• Advice Sheet on use of this tool
• A comprehensive guide to fret replacement
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method|
|Dispatch Time||Dispatched within 3 days|
|UK||Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For|
|International||Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked|
|Shipping Costs For This Product|
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost||The cost is calculated as |
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|Length||File Length : 45mm|
|File||Diamond file can be set at 35 or 90 degree angle|
|File Grit||Fine AND Coarse files included|
|Handle||Low friction high grade engineering polymer|