Mini Bevel File 35 & 90 Degrees with Diamond File
- Product Code: TF027
- EAN: 5060489150325
- Availability: In Stock
£23.82 each & FREE Delivery in UK.Dispatched within 3 days
Ideally this short file, at only 45mm, is best used to produce the correct angle on a single fret. The diamond file is mounted in a miniature-sized fret bevel file and can be set at either a 35 degree or 90 degree angle.
The file fits the slot securely and is held in place with an Allen screw. The amount the file protrudes from the block can also be altered.
The coarse file is appropriate for the rapid removal of the material (such as taking the rough cut fret back with the 90 degree setting). Following this, the fine file can be used to get a great result in the 35-degree setting.
This tool is also great for bevelling the odd fret or for doing a few frets following a partial refret. (Our larger bevel files are recommended for bigger jobs.) Reducing the length of the fret to roughly the correct length is best done using a longer file and then use this little file to finish the angle correctly and get a nice smooth finish.
It is recommended you should always use a fretboard protector/ fingerboard guard when working on frets.
These files are suitable on both stainless frets and normal nickel silver frets.
Dimensions and Files
• 35 and 90 degrees Angled Bevel File
• 45mm File Length
• Fine Grit Diamond File Included
• Coarse Grit Diamond File Included
The tool provides an efficient and easy to use solution to getting the fret ends cleanly cut to a specific angle. It's main features are:
• For beveling the fret end, the file is set at 35 or 90 degrees.
• Changeable Files. Different grits can be installed.
• Smooth base made of low friction polymer, with beveled at the ends. This base makes it easy to pass over the fret tops without bumping or damage.
• The fine diamond included leaves a good finish and all that is needed is the final light sanding to remove any scratches or uncomfortable edges and finally a polish
• Robust construction from highest grade engineering polymer and professional quality diamond files
• Suitable for Stainless Steel frets
Fret Beveling in General.
The main advantage of using a Bevel File is that a really consistent professional job is achieved where all the fret ends are at the same angle. The main point about bevelling is to make sure there are no sharp edges or uncomfortable fret ends that hamper playing. If a fret end is too long then it disturbs the feel of the neck as the player moves around the fretboard; if the fret end angle is too shallow then the string can easily start to slip off the end of the fret.
We sell many different angled bevel files please see our Fret Bevelling Category
FREE With This Item
• Advice sheet on use of this tool - and you can always contact us with any queries.
• A free comprehensive guide to fret replacement written by Chris Alsop.
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method
|Dispatched within 3 days
|Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For
|Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked
|Shipping Costs For This Product
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost
|The cost is calculated as
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|File Length : 45mm
|Diamond file can be set at 35 or 90 degree angle
|Fine AND Coarse files included
|Low friction high grade engineering polymer