Mini Diamond Fret Levelling File With Oak Handle
- Product Code: TF019
- EAN: 5060489150264
- Availability: In Stock
£20.51 £22.78 Save £2.27
each & FREE Delivery in UK.Dispatched within 3 days
This is a short diamond file with a permanently bonded oak handle. It is designed to be guided along an individual fret for eliminating localised high spots and for reshaping the fret crown into a peak after fret levelling.
Fine Diamond files - which consist a coating of industrial diamonds embedded in a flat metal surface - give an extremely smooth finish and also have the advantage that they cut equally well in any direction of travel. This allows a back and forth motion to concentrate the abrasion on a particular area and keep the file always in contact with the fret, which helps achieve better accuracy of cut.
The device is made in our workshops by Chris Alsop and provides an efficient and easy to use solution to getting the frets level and shaped.
• Very comfortable to hold file.
• The file protrudes from the holder so you can see how the cut is progressing by looking directly down at the cutting face where it meets the fret.
• File and holder are joined by a strong glue bond.
• Robust construction from highest grade oak hardwood and professional quality diamond file.
• Suitable for Stainless Steel frets.
• All edges of the file are rounded so - providing the fretboard is protected - these files can be used along the edges of the flat top (as a result of levelling) of a fret and regain the peaked crown shape.
• File length: 70mm (150mm available)
• File width: 25mm
• File grit: Fine (coarse available)
• File flatness checked on a laboratory grade engineering surface plate.
The default file is a fine grit file 70mm long, which is ideal for levelling frets over small sections of the fretboard,such as high spots on individual frets, and will last well.
Using this tool as a Fret Profiling/Crowning Tool:
Diamond files produce a very smooth finish on the frets - this property makes these files suitable for any type of fret shaping. Once the frets are level the flat tops on the frets need reshaping to regain the peaked crown. These files have all sharp edges ground off so can be guided along the fret to reshape the crown. As always, before using any type of abrasive tools on a guitar it is recommended suitable protection. Ideally use our ultra thin hardened steel protector strips (see our other items) to protect the fretboard and allow smooth motion of the file.
Wood Type, Diamond Files & Finishing Effort:
We have used Oak for this product as it is a strong and versatile wood used in hand tool handles for years. Beech is also nice for file handles and we make this item in Beech. The tool works equally well in almost any type of wood! Diamond Files are really the best surfaces developed by mankind for abrasion - the resulting surface is by far the smoothest hand filed surface possible - hence less finishing and polishing!
FREE With This Item
• Advice sheet on using this tool
• A comprehensive guide to fret replacement
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method|
|Dispatch Time||Dispatched within 3 days|
|UK||Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For|
|International||Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked|
|Shipping Costs For This Product|
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost||The cost is calculated as |
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|Length||File Length : 70mm|
|File Grit||Fine (defautl) or Coarse|