3 Diamond Guitar Tools. Fret Shapers, Wooden Handles.
- Product Code: TF103
- EAN: 5060489152183
- Availability: In Stock
£76.99 each & FREE Delivery in UK.Dispatched within 3 days
3 Diamond Tools For Fret Shaping with Wooden Handles include
- 35 Angle Fret Bevel File with Beech Handle (click here for main advert TF060 35 Degree Fret Bevel File. Diamond File)
- Fret Leveller with Oak Handle:150mm (click here for main advert TF020 Diamond Fret Levelling File With Oak Handle.)
- Fret Crowning File with Oak Handle: 2.5mm (click here for main advert TF085 Diamond Fret Crowning File with Oak Handle)
All the tools have a wooden handle bonded to the diamond file. These files last for many fretboards: diamond is the hardest known substance known and many little diamonds are embedded in a surface plating. As the surface wears new diamonds are exposed. They are equally long-lasting on stainless frets and normal nickel silver frets.
The Fine Diamond files - which consist of a coating of industrial diamonds embedded in a flat metal surface - give an extremely smooth finish and also have the advantage that they cut equally well in any direction of travel. This allows a back and forth motion to concentrate the abrasion on a particular area and keep the file always in contact with the fret, which helps achieve better accuracy of cut.
The fret leveller is a diamond file permanently bonded to an oak handle. It is designed to be guided along the fretboard with the file cutting a level onto the tops, or crown, of the frets. The file protrudes from the holder so you can see how the cut is progressing by looking directly down at the cutting face where it meets the fret. The file is a fine grit file 150mm long, which is ideal for levelling frets over large sections of the fretboard and will last well.
The diamond fret crowning file has a concave profile and is mounted in a shaped oak handle. The diamond file itself is 2.5mm wide by about 35mm long and is concave to match the fret profile - when in use the file stays on the fret very well, and there's no chatter. Frets need to be rounded to remove the flat tops after levelling, or when you dress frets to remove wear grooves. A rounded fret top is best achieved by using a rounded file!
Please note that as these handles are made from natural products there may be variation in the wood colour, some due to spalting which gives patterns in the wood.
Also included With This Bundle
• A comprehensive guide to fret replacement
• Advice sheets on the usage of each tool
• A set of sandpaper strips of grits: 800, 1000, 1200, 1500,2000, 2500. (see photo)
• Spring Steel Fretboard Protector strip to protect your fretboard.
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method
|Dispatched within 3 days
|Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For
|Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked
|Shipping Costs For This Product
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost
|The cost is calculated as
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|Bevel & Leveller Diamond Files: 150mm
|Bevel File : Beech; Leveller and Crowning file : Oak