Fret Crowning File System. DIAMOND Files: 2.0mm 2.5mm 3.0mm.
- Product Code: TF088
- EAN: 5060489151384
- Availability: In Stock
£17.50 each & FREE Delivery in UK.** Order by 2pm for SAME DAY DISPATCH **
Frets need to be rounded to remove the flat tops after levelling, or when you dress frets to remove wear grooves. A rounded fret top is best achieved by using a rounded file !
This is a diamond fret crowning file system where the files are a diamond file with a concave profile is mounted in a rigid polymer blade. These files can then be mounted in either a small oak handle or large beech handle (see Model TF080). The tool can be purchased with any number of files, with or without the handle. You can select from the following sizes: 2.0mm, 2.5mm and 3.0mm wide. The files are all interchangable with the a simple hex bolt and key mechanism.
Being a diamond files they cut equally well when moving forwards or backwards and unlike traditional files there is NO CHATTER (ie juddering) with diamond files. Diamond files leave a smoother surface meaning less finishing of the fret.
The smaller oak handle is a new design and gives a handy, pocket sized tool. The larger beech handle is one of our well established diamond crowning files (see Model TF080). If you are new to diamond files and wish to give then a try before committing to the complete product, you can purchase the a single file, without a handle and then purchase a handle later. The same files fit both handles.
These files last for many fretboards : diamond is the hardest known substance known and many little diamonds are embedded in a surface plating. As the surface wears new diamonds are exposed. They are equally long lasting on stainless frets and normal nickel silver frets.
• The concave part of the file is about 0.5mm deep.
• Diamond File Length : 35mm
• Small Handle Overall Tool Length : 35mm
• Large Handle Overall Tool Length : 155mm (see Model TF080)
• Fine Grit Diamond File
• The width of the abrasive surface of the file is as stated i.e. 2mm, 2.5mm or 3mm. The ideal file size is a little smaller than the fret width. Also by leaning over the fret side a little, so the abrasion is directed where you want it, the file will cope with smaller and bigger frets than the file width. Our normal crowning files are supplied with a file of 2.5mm width. We have sold thousands of this size and found that it fits the majority of frets
• The blade is attached to either handle handle by hex bolts and so can be exchanged.
• The diamond file is concave to match the fret profile. When in use, the file stays on the fret very well and there's no chatter. Being a diamond file it cuts equally well when moving forwards or backwards and unlike traditional files there is NO CHATTER (ie juddering) with diamond files. Diamond files leave a smoother surface meaning less finishing of the fret.
• An excellent finish results and and a full polished fret is quickly obtained by using sandpaper of about 1000 grit, 1500 grit and then micromesh of 8000 grit or over. Its only a couple of rubs with each and if you use a spring steel strip to protect the fretboard then the sandpaper glides across the surface of the fret and strip easily. Dremel polishing wheels can be used - but be careful as the fret can get very hot very quickly if you stay on it too long wit
• As always, before using any type of abrasive tools on a guitar it is recommended suitable masking is used to protect the fretboard wood and other parts of the guitar.
• Suitable for Stainless Steel frets.
Wood Type, Diamond Files & Finishing Effort
We have used Oak and Beech for these product handles as both are a strong wood. The beech is fine grained which is nice for rivetting. Diamond Files are really the best surfaces developed by mankind for abrasion - the resulting surface is by far the smoothest hand filed surface possible - hence less finishing and polishing!
FREE With This Item
• A set of sandpaper strips of grits: 800, 1000, 1200, 1500,2000, 2500. (see photo)
• Spring Steel Fretboard Protector strip to protect your fretboard.
• Advice sheet on use of this tool
• A comprehensive guide to fret replacement
|Dispatch Time and Shipping Method|
|Dispatch Time||** Order by 2pm for SAME DAY DISPATCH **|
|UK||Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For|
|International||Royal Mail International Airmail Tracked|
|Shipping Costs For This Product|
|Single Item Shipping Cost
|Combined Shipping Cost
(at 75% Discount)
|Combined Shipping Cost||The cost is calculated as |
1) The item with the highest postal rate is charged at full rate
2) ALL additional items are charged at the discounted rate of 75%
TOTAL SHIPPING COST =
(Highest Postal Cost Item @ Full Rate) + (Additional items @ Discounted Rate);
|Length||File Length: 35mm.|
|Width||File Widths: 2.0mm , 2.5mm and 3.0mm|
|Handle||English Oak or Beech|